My appointment with Dr B was too early to have my lab results. If my numbers were low, Dr B wanted me to try another injection and wait another day. But definitely I was to get chemo this week. She didn’t like considering the possibility of me dropping out of the trial. Thankfully my numbers were up again and I got my chemo. So it didn’t come to that.

The chemo was not without the delays I often encounter. Ken was really tense the whole day. He had little of the immense patience he normally has with me and with this. It got worse as the day dragged on. I can attribute some of it to a lousy night’s sleep on his part. But, it seemed like a lot more than that. He’s overdue for a break from all of this.

Advertisements